Glorious Entertainment confirmed that Ji Chang Wook is set to start his military service on August 14.
The 30-year-old actor will have a basic training at the Kangwon-do Chulwon training center and then he will enlist as an active duty soldier.
Fans of the actor has expressed their support and sent good wishes to the actor. Originally posted on Sports Chosun via Naver, here are the reactions of fans, translated in English.
1. [+4,541, -62] Amazing of him to enlist in active service. I support you
2. [+3,952, -82] All these good-looking actors are leaving us
3. [+3,493, -82] Enlisting in active duty is the natural thing to do but with so many liars in the entertainment industry, it definitely puts him in the spotlight. Serve well
4. [+2,107, -69] It's about time. Serve well
5. [+884, -25] Ji Chang Wook's a good singer and actor, he's handsome and enlisting in active serviceㅋㅋㅋ Take care of your health and serve well!
6. [+639, -19] His visuals, acting talent and mindset are wonderful
7. [+539, -12] Take care and have a good service
8. [+471, -11] Good luck ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9. [+426, -12] Ji Chang Wook is going too..
10. [+383, -8] Serve well ㅠㅠㅠ I'll miss you ㅠㅠㅠ
Ji Chang Wook, who made his acting debut in 2008, has improved his acting skills for over 10 years in the entertainment industry. He performed in TV, movies as well as musical stages to enhance and add up to his acting skills.
Ji Chang Wook will hold a final fanmeeting with his fans on July 22. He will reportedly be looking back on his 10-year acting career and that he will use the event to demonstrate his singing skills to his fans. Ji Chang Wook is currently starring in SBS’ “Suspicious Partner.”